Tel: 01473 279100
1. Avoid lifting anything over 20 lbs. or 9 kilos in wieght for two weeks (Children,
2. Avoid lowering your head below the level of your heart (i.e. Bend at your knees
and not your waist).
3. Avoid water sports or swimming for two weeks.
4. You can have a shower but avoid getting water or soap into the operated eye.
5. You can wash your hair by tilting your head backward as at the hairdressers.
6. You can wear sunglasses to help with the glare from sunlight.
7. Certain sport activities need to be avoided (i.e. bowling, swimming) for a time.
Please discuss any activities you would like to participate in with the doctor.